Thursday 5 December 2013

Easy Peasy Macaroons


When we had the family over for the wedding, we took them around London one of the days, and one of the places we stopped was at Laduree.
It was so they could try macaroons for the first time, and they all loved them. 

so when I saw a macaroon kit in Sainsbury's that didn't contained any dairy, it reminded me of the weeding weekend and I had to buy it. I have tried a few times to make macaroons from scratch, but they never really turned out that good look wise, so didn't have to big hopes for the kit.

Next day I wasn't feeling to well, so my husband took it upon himself to make me macaroons to cheer me up a bit. Now he had never read about or seen anyone make macaroons, so he made these from just reading on the back of the packaging, and from the picture you can see they turned out amazingly. And 10 out of 10 for taste as well.

He used Lactofree butter and milk, as I am lactose intolerant, and because the butter is lightly salted it gives them a slightly sweet and salty taste. I like that taste though, but this might not be for everyone.

So if you are lactose intolerant or just want a go at making your own macaroons, I would definitely recommend trying this kit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment