Monday 3 March 2014

Eco Friendly March, week one


As I wrote about, in a post last month, click to read Here, I am going to try and be a bit more eco friendly in the month of March.
So for my first week of challenging myself to be a bit more eco friendly, I am going to:
  • Buying organic and fairtrade
  • No food wastage 
Buying organic is something I have wanted to do for a long time. I used to be quite good at buying organic, but for some reason I don't do it as much any more. But organic is not only good for the environment and the people growing them, but they are also a lot better for me as you won't be getting all the chemicals from spraying, but they are also suppose to have a lot more nutrients in them.
Fair trade because it is just better for the people of the world.
And no food wastage, because I am a bit tired of find fruit and veg that have gone past eating stage and end up throwing it out. Firstly because I have paid good money for it and second because there are just being waisted way to much food on the planet every year.

So for this week I am going to buy organic and fair-trade groceries when possible and to calculate how much more it has cost me that week to do it. 
And I will come up with solutions to cut food wasting.

Stay tuned for my update next Monday 
Mia
X

No comments:

Post a Comment