Monday 27 January 2014

Puttanesca, my favourite.


This is probably my favourite pasta recipe, might actually be my favourite recipe all together now that I think about it. I have made it countless times, since I saw a chef make it on danish television, about 6 years ago and I don't think I will ever get tired of it.
I am not a big fan of Puttanesca when ordering it at restaurants, and I think the reason is big pieces of anchovies and tomato in those versions, which I am not a fan of personally. In my recipe all the ingredients are finely chopped and I think that is the reason, why everyone I have ever made this for like it so much as well, despite them normally not liking all the ingredients that goes into it. 
I actually hadn't heard about puttanesca before watching Lemony  Snicket's A series of unfortunate events, where the kids make it, saying Puttanesca is Italian for very few ingredients, not sure if that is true though. But anyway, I have a bit of a weird obsession with food in movies, so when I saw the recipe on tv, I had to try it.



My friend once said when tasting this, a friend who don't like anchovies, olives or capers I might add, that it tasted like a bolognese sauce, but with a lot more flavour and much yummier. So just goes to show you, that you shouldn't be put off by this recipe, despite not liking all the ingredients that goes into it.





Makes about 4 portions for pasta, but can also be used as a courgetti sauce, on cooked potatoes or as a hot dip.
I normally have this with my favourite gluten free spaghetti, BioFair Rice Quinoa spaghetti.

200g black pitted olives
50g capers
1-2 cloves of garlic
1-2 chilies
3-5 small anchovies or about 2 inches of anchovy paste
2 tablespoons of oil
canned tomatoes
zest of one unwaxed lemon
A big handful parsley

Chop up all the ingredients finely (blending the canned tomatoes), I just pulse them all separately in a blender.
Then heat up the oil in a pan and add the garlic and anchovies, stirring for about a minute until the anchovies have melted.
Add the capers and olives and fry for a minute or two, then adding the blended tomatoes and lemon peel. Once mixed well, just let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes and you get a thick consist like a bolognese sauce. Then just add the parsley and you are ready to serve.

Enjoy

Mia

X

No comments:

Post a Comment