Wednesday, 19 March 2014

Zoya Nail Polishes, Big 5 Free Formula.


I was so excited to try this, probably the thing I was most excited to try in my eco friendly march trials, but I am not sure I am a convert just yet unfortunately.
I had heard about Zoya nail products before, but I didn't actually realise it was one of the non toxic brands, so when seeing it in whole foods, I just had to try it out for this month. The whole foods I was in didn't have a great colour selection, so I went home and found some more colours online. 
I had purchased the base coat, a half size nail polish in the colour Neely and the nail polish remover from the brand. I was going to buy the top coat as well, but I just felt like I would end up using to much money on a brand I didn't know that well. 


I had to try this three times before it worked somewhat.
First time using it, I applied one coat of base coat and two layers of polish and found it quite difficult to apply. It was quite late in the evening when I applied it and had gone to bed a few hours later, just to wake up the next morning with marks in all my nails from the duvet cover and examining them closely there was a few tiny chips as well.
Next day I took it off in the morning and applied the base coat and polish like the day before, but on one hand I applied a layer of my normal top coat. I was working on the computer all morning, so this time it got 4 hours of drying time, but I still felt it was a bit tacky and ended up working like a princess to not ruin my nails (but who has time for that right?!). Next morning it was the same, my nails was filled with marks on both hands and again some tiny chips.
So I tried again, this time with no base coat and no top coat, just two thin layers of the polish and it worked a lot better and was a lot easier to apply. It was dry about 30 minutes after applying, though still a tiny bit tacky for about an hour.
I have had it on now for 5 days and no chipping, but I has gotten quite a few marks in the nails (as you can see in top picture) and on two fingers some of the polish has melted a bit when the touching the side of a hot kettle.
Plus because my nails are quite ridged I found that when just using the polish on its own, the ridges stood out more.
Now I don't know if it had been better if I had gotten the top coat, if maybe you need to use the series together?
I love the colour though, like a dusty mint colour and the fact that it doesn't have a horrible smell, not even the nail polish remover.
Now the nail polish remover is just amazing, I don't think I have ever used a more efficient nail polish remover, removing polish in one swipe and the packaging is just genius. Did find it a little bit drying on the nails though, but nothing major.

After trying it out and not being super happy with the result, I went online and read a few reviews and it seems like most people love it, so I don't know if it is just my polish there is something wrong with or the formula just doesn't work for me. Have you ever tried Zoya polishes?

Mia
X

No comments:

Post a Comment