Saturday, 8 March 2014

Whole Foods Market Haul


A Whole Foods Market have recently opened a shop a bit closer to where I live, so I no longer have to go all they way into centre of London to get my Whole Foods shopping fix, which is great for me, but maybe not so great for my wallet to have one closer!
Now I will say that I wish that they would have more of the amazing products that they have in the american stores, I am still dreaming of Justin's nut butters, but I suppose there goes a lot of work into bringing a product over to the UK.
But here are some of the things I go to Whole Foods for. I did also pick up a few other things on this trip, like oranges and coconut water, but those you can get from any supermarket now a days, so didn't include them. 

  • Teapigs popcorn tea - Now I know you can get Teapigs in a lot of shops now, I just hadn't seen this flavour before. After tasting though, I am not sure I would buy again, taste like roasted green tea.
  • Amisa organic spelt, onion and linseed crispbread - These are soooo yummy, the perfect snack for when you are feeling a bit peckish. Great with or without topping.
  • Tropical Whole Foods fair-trade organic dried Mango and Banana - These for me are a life saver when I crave sweets, as they are a great substitute. They do have just as much sugar in them as normal sweets, these just containing fruit sugar, so I literally see them as I would sweets and try and control myself with them.
  • Chia Seeds - I use about a tablespoon of these in my green smoothies as a great way to get more fibre and omega 3.
  • The Food Doctor Cacao and Tangerine granola - Eating this stuff makes me feel like being a child again, but it is sweetened with agave instead of refined sugar. Great in yoghurt or the Vanilla CoYo I also got.
  • Organic Spelt Penne - For some reason wheat pasta seem to be quite heavy in my stomach, but after finding spelt pasta, I no longer get that overly full feeling when eating pasta. Only note with these is that you have to be careful not to overcook them, as that seem to happen quite quickly.
  • CoYo coconut milk yoghurt with vanilla - I am normally not into flavoured yoghurts and since I am lactose intolerant, I haven't had natural yoghurt since Lactofree stopped making their natural yoghurt. But this little, quite expensive though, pot of coconut yoghurt is what food heaving must be like, because it literally taste heavenly, especially with The Food Doctor granola.
  • Organic Kale - this is actually the main reason why I go to Whole Foods, as this seems to be the only place I can get whole organic kale for my green juices and smoothies.

I do know that it can get quite expensive shopping in Whole Foods, but I normally only buy what I can't get in other supermarkets and try and be sensible with my choices, as I could easily go on a shopping spree in there every time. But I do think a few good food items can make a huge difference in your daily diet, so this is more than enough to tie me over for a weeks time, together with my normal supermarket shopping.

Mia
X

No comments:

Post a Comment