Thursday, 27 February 2014

Kikos ready-to-go art nail patches


I really like these ready-to-go art coats for when you are in a hurry, as you can literally have cool looking nails in 10 minutes before you have to be out the door for an event. 
I Picked up a pack in the Kiko store after having looked at them online. I thought I had picked up the 03 Taupe lace, but actually I had picked up 302 Lace Cover by mistake. So when applying them, I realised they were transparent. Downside of this is that you have to use it with a nail polish as a background (tried it without, doesn't look great), but upside is that you can choose any background for the lace affect, making it match to any outfit. I paired it with the Kiko polish in 303 Beige Chrome, which makes it a perfect parring with a simple black dress I think.


They are super easy to apply, they do take a bit longer than 10 minutes when you have to apply a base colour however, but the instant dry effect is still a life saver when having to apply just before leaving for an event. You can watch Kikos own video on how to apply them by clicking Here.

A few tips I have picked up during the years with these nail patch arts are:
  • Make sure to have completely clean nails before applying 
  • Flatten down the middle of the nail, then down the sides, helps prevent creasing.
  • Use a glass nail file to remove the excess, as it will make a smoother edge.
  • Use  top coat to cap the end of the nail, if your natural nail is prone to chipping.
  • And don't forget to save the leftover nail patches, as they can always be cut to size and used as an accent nail effect.

Having worn them for a week, even though they didn't really worked with all my outfits during the week, but I truly believe in testing a product out properly before reviewing. I have to say they still look amazing with no chips only a microscopical wear at the tips of the nails, so will say that these nail patch arts have truly lived up to what they claim to do, I am truly impressed.

Mia
X

www.kikocosmetics.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment