Sunday, 16 February 2014

Effect top coat from Formula X for Sephora


I did a review on the Formula X for Sephora back in December, click Here to read, but I had sort of forgot about the impulse buy, the Effects top coat in Chaotic that I had also bought from the line, so thought I would do a quick review on it now.
I don't normally go for effect top coats, actually you will rarely see me with anything other than a plain colour on my nails. I don't really know why, because I like effect nails or nail art on others, but when it comes to my nails I am just very plain an boring I suppose. So why I picked up this effect top coat from Formula X, I don't really know, I must have been sucked in by the whole loveliness off it all I suppose. But I clearly didn't think rationally when picking this up, because in my head I thought it might give a cool effect on the black colour I picked up from the line as well…….I know, clearly a malfunction in my makeup brain, as obviously when their is both black and white dots in it and actually mainly black ones, it won't really show up on top of black base. It still gives an effect, but just wasn't what I had in my head.
After having tried it out on black polish, I just sort of put it in with my other nail polishes and forgot about it. But then seeing a picture of a chunky gold glitter top coat on a nude nail polish, it gave me an idea and as you can see from the picture this is the result.

Despite not being a big nail effects person I kind of like this nail effect, it sort of reminds me of sixties art for some reason.
I am not sure I like the little straight confetti that are in there, I sort of wish it was just different sized dots, but never the less I still like it. 
I layered it with the starter system also from Formula X and on top of BarryM Gelly Hi Shine in Lychee.
The staying power is just as good as the black polish I bought from the range, actually a bit better, in that if you get a chip, you can't really see it in the camouflage of the dots.

Mia
X

No comments:

Post a Comment