Tuesday, 4 February 2014

Dusty rose nail effect.


Not really into heart nail art for valentines day? then this might be for you. It is easy, quick and just that little bit different.
The effect and colour, reminds me of a dusty antique rose colour, perfect for a different kind of romantic look. I used two Kiko products, so this is also quite an affordable nail effect.
I have already written a post about the Kiko nail polishes, which you can click Here to read, on why they are one of my favourite nail polishes in my collection.
To achieve this effect I used Kiko nail lacquer in 372 Nude (becomes more of a rose colour than a nude when the Mat top coat is applied) and 3 in 1 Mat as a base and top coat.
You do need to pay a bit more attention while doing these nail though, as when you have applied the mat top coat, mistakes seem to be more visible. Also if you have very ridge nails, you might want to use a ridge filler base coat.
I just did one layer of base coat, two layers of 372 Nude and one layer of top coat, making sure I covered all of the nail lacquer, so you get an evenly mat nail effect.
I have worn this for a week now and like all of my past experiences with Kiko polishes, they are still chip free. The mat effect has been buffed off a bit at the end of the nail though, making that area a bit more shiny, that is all.

The nail lacquer is prised at £3.90 and the 3 in 1 Mat at £4.90.
For more information visit www.kikocosmetics.co.uk 

No comments:

Post a Comment