Sunday, 22 December 2013

The perfect red nail colour.



This is quite possibly the perfect shade of red of any nail polish I have ever tried.
I have been having some difficulty in finding the right kind of red nail polish, as reds with a blue undertone suites my skin tone best, and it seems the trent at the moment, is more of an orangey-red. 
I find that most red nail polishes that have a blue undertone, is either to pink or to wine coloured. 
I did find a vibrant red in Kiko cosmetic though, nr.240, that is a very vibrant red with a slightly more blue undertone than yellow, and a close second to this one.
But the Marc Jacobs colour in Jezebel just ticks all the boxes of a perfect red for me, especially for autumn-winter. it is just the the perfect grade of vibrant, perfect shade with a slightly more blue undertone and has the texture that makes your nails feel very luxurious.

It is a very different sort of consistency than other nail polishes I have ever tried and it gives an almost sheer texture on the nails, and I did find it a bit difficult to apply. So do think this nail polish will require a bit of practise to perfect, to not make a mess or have streaks.

For lasting power I did find it on the low end of the scale, when applying it the first time without a top coat, it only lasted a few days, but I did manage to go 5 days before first chip with a top coat second time around. I do feel like this is the case with some high end nail polishes though. I can never wear a Chanel polish for more than a few days for example. But at the same time you just get a different dimension in those polishes, so I will say that for the effect and the colour, I don't mind having to paint my nails a bit more often, as this truly is beautiful on the nails.

On a little side note, I did experience something quite funny while wearing this nail polish on a cold day out in London, it seems that the cold air or with the combination of warm gloves, I am not quite sure. The colour changed into a deep wine colour, but as soon as I had been home for a couple of hours it turned back into the original colour.

For more information on the nail polish visit http://marcjacobsbeauty.com/category/nail/enamored 


And to find out what is your perfect red, click HERE to read my post on finding the right colours for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment