Monday, 16 September 2013

Favourites of August



This is my first monthly favourites, and here is what I have been loving in August.
Makeup: Has to be The Rocket Volume Express Waterproof formula. I normally don’t wear waterproof mascaras, but as I was going to something where tears might be shed, I decided to try out this one from Maybelline, and it was so good and easy to remove that I have worn it ever since the event.
Nail polish: is two colours this month, as I have been wearing these two together, pretty much constantly throughout august. Blog post to follow. It is Berry M Gelly Hi shine nail paint in Lychee that is a grey-ish toned nude and in Papaya, that is almost like a peach pastel neon, once on the nails.
Skin care: was defiantly Trilogy Rosehip oil Antioxidant +, as this product has just been a life saver through august, repairing and protecting my skin during the sunny days. See blog post here for more details.
Hair care: It is not only this month favourite, but also a favourite for the last 15 years, ever since my mum had bought one but didn’t use it, so I did. It is L’Oreal Tecni art fix design, and it is absolute the best hair spray for updos in my opinion. It was my go to hairspray when I use to work in a salon and did bridal hair, and it is the one I always use myself when I need my hair to stay in place all day, like events this month. It is a wet spray, meaning it doesn’t dry right away, which I think is brilliant, because it means you have a little bit of time to work with the hair after spraying. It has a very clean smell, doesn’t make your hair look stiff and it is easy to brush out.

Food: I have had the Peppermint and Liquorice tea fromPukka, that I pretty much had every night last month. It is like a warm version of my liquorice Iced tea, see here, which I am sure you can make from this tea as well. It has been amazing at combating sweet craving in the evening, on top of being a delicious liquorice treat for this Danish person.
Home: Ralph Lauren fragrance diffuser in Cotton Lily. This one was also this month’s splurge, but I just couldn’t resist after sniffing it in the shop. We have an open plan kitchen/living room, and even though we have great ventilation, the house sometimes smells a bit of food, and this has given the house an amazing clean smell. I am not a house sent sort of person normally, mostly because I find that most smell artificial, but this one literally smells like you have just hung your washed clothes up to dry.
Movie/TV: Has to be the movie 7 Psychopaths, that I got via mail on my Lovefilm subscription (why I chose Lovefilm, see here). One of my top 20 movies is In Bruges, and this movie is from same writer/director. It is not quite as good as In Bruges, but certainly very close and very much worth a watch, as it has some great lines, and lovely to see Colin Farrell in a different role than normal, which he does really well.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment