Thursday, 9 July 2009

"My one weakness"




Have been watching Lark Rise to Candleford on dvd the last few evenings, a BBC series from 2008, and wishing it was me having tea and cake in the post office.



It is such a sweet series set in the 19 century, about young Laura that moves from her parents house, to the nearby town Candleford, to start apprenticeship as a postmistress. And by following Laura coming of age, you also follow the people of Lark Rise and Candleford.

One person that I really like in this series is Dorcas Lane, played by Julia Sawalha, and her saying “it is my one weakness” of which she has many.

But it has made me think, what is my "one" weakness??? Defiantly delicious cakes, good movies and sleeping late is also a pretty good weakness of mine, even if they don’t happen often enough.

2 comments:

  1. You just sent me to youtube heaven! I checked and I can watch huge chunks of the series online too!

    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Lark+Rise+to+Candleford+&search_type=

    The name Dorcus makes me giggle a bit though (dork:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to look into it, sounds interesting, just my cup of tea!!
    Duchess xx

    ReplyDelete